HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA FROM USERS
When you visit our Website, you are not obligated to provide any information to us. Under the PDPO we are the data user for the processing of your Personal Data. We collect Personal Data that you disclose to us when you use the Website or our services through the Website. For example, you may submit information when you make purchases; when you request information; when you register/sign up for our newsletter, enroll in our loyalty programs, create and/or log in your online account; when you register as our member and/or log in your membership account, when you use, enjoy or exercise the rights, benefits and our services for members or when you participate in any other service offered or available at the Website. Such Personal Data may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, gender, date of birth, credit card information, username and password (for account holder and member), your personal preference (including but not limited to your interest and your favorite products) ("Personal Preference"), and other information about you (collectively, "Personal Data"). We then use the Personal Data to create a user profile. In this context we may combine the Personal Data you give us online with other information we hold, as regards transactions and communications collected or processed by any member from us and authorized subcontractors. We also automatically collect certain data about your use of the Website such as log files, cookies, browser type and other computer or device information as described below.
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We may use data from you for a number of purposes:
- If you have elected to receive direct marketing communications from us, your Personal Data may be used by us to send you information about us, our loyalty program and/or to receive the latest news on branded promotions and products including but not limited to software, hardware and other products. We will send you such information by means of e-newsletters, e-mails, WhatsApp, personal phone calls and by mail or by post. For this purpose, we process your name, email address, mobile phone number, gender, date of birth and shipping address, and an overview of communications we have sent you. We retain your Personal Data for as long as you wish to receive direct marketing communication from us. You can decide not to receive such communications or updates from us at any time by contacting us or by using the unsubscribe option included in each emails.
- When you contact us other than through the Website or email communications, we may use your Personal Data to answer your question. For this purpose we process your name, your contact information, your correspondence with us about your question and all other Personal Data you provide us with and which is required to answer your question. Your Personal Data will be kept in our systems for as long as legally required and will then be deleted.
- When you register an account with us on the Website and become our member, we may ask for your Personal Preference. You are not obliged to provide us with your Personal Preference. If you do so, it would help to improve our membership services and enhance your experience in using the Website and enjoying the membership rights, benefits and services. If you opt not to provide us with your Personal Preference, your fundamental membership rights and benefit and our membership services will not be affected.
Your Personal Data may also be used for the following purposes:
- Providing our services and products to you, including but not limited to administering, maintaining, managing and operating our services and products, managing, processing and fulfilling your transactions and orders via the Website;
- Collating management information and statistical data;
- Organizing our prize contests, lucky draws, events, competitions, marketing, promotions and/or games of chance which you may participate in and announcing the winners;
- Meeting disclosure obligations and other requirements imposed by or for the purposes of any laws, regulations, rules, regulations, codes of practice or guidelines (whether applicable in or outside Hong Kong) binding on us including making disclosure to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities;
- Administering, maintaining, managing and operating our membership scheme and providing membership services as available from time to time, including but not limited to processing membership application, verifying the identity of members, creating, maintaining, managing, operating and customising membership accounts, recording your transactions/orders, distributing coupons and membership benefits and discounts, providing updates, details and information about the membership scheme from time to time and investigating suspicious transactions and orders;
- Attributing the content you post;
- Process payments and payment instructions;
- Investigating, preventing or stopping fraud and abuse;
- For bookkeeping;
- Administrating the reviews;
- Fulfilling any other purposes directly related to (1) to (10) above.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We use third parties for certain processing activities on our behalf to operate the Website, such as Website hosting, order processing, payment processing, delivery of fulfilment of products or services, delivering content, management of the Website and management of the membership services. To the extent these third parties have access to Personal Data in order to execute these processing activities, we have taken the required organizational and contractual measures to help ensure that Personal Data provided by us to these third parties is exclusively processed for the purposes mentioned above. These third parties are not authorized to send you any information about products and services from other companies without your permission.
- Now and then, we may organize a lucky draw, prize contest, promotion, marketing or game of chance in co-operation with a third party. In such a case, this will be stated clearly on the Website. If you elect to participate in such a prize contest, event or games of chance, your Personal Data will (to the extent required) be made available to these third parties, to the extent of necessity.
- We may transfer Personal Data to an affiliate or third party as part of a transfer of business assets through a merger or an acquisition. Should this happen, notice will be provided to you by posting on the Website or through other forms of communications.
- To facilitate the purposes set out in this Section 3, we may transfer, disclose, grant access to or share your Personal Data with the third parties set out in this Section 3 and you acknowledge that those parties may be based outside Hong Kong and your home country (including in the United States and within the European Union) and that your Personal Data may be transferred to places where the data protection laws are substantially different to, or do not serve the same purposes as the PDPO.
- Where your Personal Data is transferred pursuant to this Section 3, we take steps to ensure that the third party recipient residing outside of Hong Kong or your home country accord your Personal Data with a standard of protection at least equivalent to the PDPO and, as required, the laws of the jurisdiction where you reside. We also require that such third parties keep your Personal Data confidential.
As with most websites and online platforms, we automatically gather non-personally identifiable information and store it in log files through the Website. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, data/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify users, to analyze trends, to administer the Website and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected information to personally identifiable information.
SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES, PLATFORMS OR CHANNELS
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
COOKIES ON THE WEBSITE
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use the Website and the pages that you have visited, for instance which pages you go to most often, and if you get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. This information is only used to improve how our Website works.
- Functionality cookies remember your selection and choices to improve your experience in our Website. For instance, the cookies enable you to place products in your shopping cart and review the contents of your shopping cart. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, we may be able to recognize if the you already signed up for our newsletter or if the user is seeing a certain page for the first time. The information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the Website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers.
- First party cookies allow us to understand who has visited which page(s), to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of the Website and to monitor the usage of the Website.
- Third party cookies are used for analyzing traffic sources and visitor behavior as well as for controlling access and site features across the Website.
- Session cookies are used to store information about your page activities so you can easily pick up where you left off on the server's pages. When you close the internet browser, the session is ended and the cookie is deleted.
- Persistent cookies are employed to store your preferences and to recognize you at a subsequent visit.
- Not strictly necessary cookies: Only if you have given prior consent, we place cookies that are not strictly necessary for providing the functionalities of the Website. Through such non-strictly necessary cookies we collect information about your use of the Website and remember your preferences. Examples of collected information are pages visited and the length of a user session. Through these cookies we aim to improve your user experience of our Website. If you do not consent to these cookies being placed on your browser, these cookies will be blocked and it will affect the loading speed, functionality and overall experience of the Website.
- For more information on cookies and how to disable them generally please contact your helpdesk administrator or contact your web browsers support. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.cookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL DATA
We treat the security of your Personal Data seriously. We utilize appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards and security measures to protect the Personal Data you provide on this Website against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and any other unlawful forms of processing. We use several security techniques including secure servers, firewalls and encryptions, as well as physical safeguard of the locations where the data are stored. For example, when you are logged in and fill in forms or access your data on the Website, a secure connection is used (http via SSL, also known as HTTPS). The data you enter is automatically encrypted before it is sent. All the data is protected and only available to authorized personnel and subcontractors. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
MINORS PROVIDING PERSONAL DATA
You must be 18 to establish an account with us and/or register as a member.
CONTACT – RIGHT TO ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL DATA
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about us or how we process your Personal Data, or in case you wish not to be contacted by us for direct marketing purposes anymore, please contact us at the email below. Also, upon request, we will provide you with a summary of any personally identifiable information collected and retained by us regarding you. You may modify, correct, or update your Personal Data or request to have your Personal Data removed from our database. We will only send copies of Personal Data to the email address on file for the visitor name associated with it. Under the PDPO we have the right to charge you a reasonable fee for processing and complying with your data access request.
Our contact details are:
Tel no.: 2679 3837
Fax no.: 2679 8308
In the event of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions of the above terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.